Day Bank 2.7 documentation is in the works, it will be available soon. The current documentation still applies (iPhone and iPad), but will soon be updated for 2.x to provide help for newer features.
Day Bank Station has landed.
It's a complete Wi-Fi backup and restore solution that you can use with ease.
Mac and Windows versions are available for download.
- Add Transaction - Tap to add a new transaction to Day Bank. There are two types of New Transaction views, which can be set within the preferences. No fields are required.
- Full Details View - The default view, this can be changed within preferences.
- Quick Transaction View - a minimal view of fields. It allows you to quickly tap between each field. This view can be enabled within preferences.
- Transaction - Tap to display the associated transaction details, you can also add images to the transaction once listed. None of the fields are required.
- The amount field is also a mini-calculator.
- Manager - Tap to view the manager bar.
In order of appearance, from left to right
- Tap to access the Budgets manager. This screen will allow you to allocate amounts to any defined category.
- Tap to access the Category Manager. This screen allows you to easily add, delete, and rename categories. Tap a category name to view theCategory Report.
- Tap to access the Quick Entry transactions. This screen functions just as the Main Screen does. Add Quick Entries for transactions you perform frequently. So rather than entering the same field data, just tap Quick Entry during your next New Transaction and select your predefined entry. Quick Entry will automatically fill in the rest for you.
- Tap to access the Repeat Entry manager. This screen will allow you to setup scheduled transactions and view statistics about current scheduled transactions.
- Tap to access the Sync Manager, which allows you to sync Day Bank and sync peer transactions. This screen is only used when Day Bank Station or peer syncing is being used.
- Filter - Tap to view the filter popup box.
Main Screen Filter
- Account BalanceThis allows you to always know the total balance, even when a filter is active. Displays the total account balance, ONLY when a filter is currently active.
- Cleared - Displays the current cleared state for the transactions.
- In Edit Mode you can tap the icon to quickly change to cleared or uncleared, no need to go into each transaction, just tap and move down the list. It even works with active filters, so you can filter all cleared or uncleared transactions to speed up the process.
- Date Filter - Tap Today, Week, Month, or All to show the corresponding transactions for that date interval. Example: Tap Today to show all transactions for today.
- Filter List - Tap any category to only show transactions from that category. Tap it again to untoggle it. You can apply only one Reconcile Filter and oneCategory Filter at a time.
- Total Funds - Displays the active filter and the total funds for the current filtered view.
- Peer Sync - Tap to start the Peer Sync operation.
How to Peer Sync
- Tap to select all transactions you want to send to the peer
- Tap send once you have selected the transactions. A list of nearby Day Bank devices will appear. Usually the sender must select the intended receiver/peer, but depending on the speed of the device, both may be presented with the list.
- The peer must be on the Sync Manager screen.
- They must also tap "Peer Sync" button on the Sync Manager screen.
- Tap a name in the list of the peer device.
- When Waiting for... is shown, shortly after, the peer will have to select Accept or Decline, tap Accept.
- After the peer device is selected, the other device then accepts the connection from the sender.
- Sync Manager- Tap to display the sync manager.
- The peer device will have to go to this screen and tap Peer Sync to accept peer transactions.
- Desktop syncing will only work when this screen is shown.
- Week Axis - Displays the total balance for the corresponding week. Note: This will display the balance for every week that the month spans, and some months span 5-6 weeks. This allows you to see the total spent for every week, not just for every 7 days. Weeks start on Sunday and end on Saturday.
- Transaction - Tap to display the associated transactions. The list allows you to edit or view the transactions for the current month.
- Month Filter - Tap to jump to a desired month.
- Tap the left arrow to go back one month.
- Tap the right arrow to go forward one month.
- Add Account - Tap to add a new account to Day Bank. The name is the only required field. You can add an unlimited number of accounts.
- Transaction Count - The total number of transactions associated with this account.
- Account Details - Tap to view/edit/delete the account details. Deleting or clearing an account will remove all associated transactions.
- Account Information - Tap to jump to the account.
- Shows basic account information, the name, then below, the total and cleared balance of the account.
- Tap to set as the active account. Once active, it will jump to the Main Screen.
- Total/Cleared Balance - Displays the total balance (top) and the total cleared balance (bottom) for all accounts.
- Manager - Tap to view the Budget, Category, Repeat Entry, Quick Entry and Sync Manager
- Preferences - Tap to view Day Bank preferences. Here you can enable Quick (New) Transactions, change the date format, change/set your Day Bank passcode, enable GPS use (3G Only) for transaction locations, set startup view, enable scheduled transaction reminders, and many more.
Any transactions under the specified account(s) and target category will add (deposits) or subtract (payments) from the budgeted amount. The transactions must be within the curent budget cycle.
- Budget Bar - Indicates the budget amount available for the current cycle. Green is 80% or more available. Yellow is 60% to 20% available. Red is 20% or less available.
- Set the amount allocated for the budget.
- Set the Start Date for the budget cycle.
- Set the budget Category.
- Name & Amount Spent - Displays the name of the budget (top). If the budget name is left blank it will use the name of the category. It also shows the total amount spent for the budget during the current cycle.
- Cycle & Amount Available - Displays the current cycle type (top). The cycle can be: Monthly, bi-weekly, or weekly. It also shows the budget amount available. It will calculate all transactions for the current cycle (payments and deposits).
- Name & Amount - Displays the name of the scheduled transaction (top). It also shows the amount of the scheduled transaction.
- Next Due Date & Frequency - Displays the next due date. This is the date that the transaction will be recorded. If No Due Date is displayed then theend date has been reached or the repeat count has been exceeded.
Scheduled transactions are processed during application startup.
To test the repeat entry:
- Set the Start Date to a date a month or two in the past.
- Pick an end date or a repeat count.
- Select a frequency (Weekly, Bi-weekly, or Monthly).
- Save and restart day bank.
Rotate your device (landscape) while viewing any account from the main screen.
- Change Report - Tap to toggle Account Trend or Income vs. Expenses charts.
- Account Weekly Totals - Displays the weekly totals for the chart information.
- 1st Row - Account total for the week
- 2nd Row - Account adjustment for the week
- Crashing Upon Start-Up - In most cases if you have jailbroken or pwnded your device, you will need to perform a DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) restore to use Day Bank.
- Where is the negative balance? - The Main Screen displays the negative balance in red.